Orchard Academies Library
access. evaluate. use. create. share - information
Click on the hyperlink!
Mrs. Lee has the following documents that can help make research easier!
1. Unique research specific Pathfinders
2. How to choose and evaluate the Best Print and Nonprint Sources using Credibility Tools
3. Steps to a Highly Effective Research
4. Effective Note-Taking Templates for Research Assignments
5. Various Essay Outlines that match unique Pathfinders
6. Detailed Citation Guide
7. Research Process and Research Product Rubric
6411 Orchard Ave. Bell, CA 90201
323-826-3908 (Library Office)
The teacher librarian can personally guide you through the most efficient and effective steps in a research process!
1. Identify the Information:
a. Create age and level appropriate essential questions and research tasks!
b. Help students select information rich research topics!
b. Develop subtopics to manage and organize information needs!
2. Access and 3. Evaluatethe most CREDIBLE print and non-print resources in a variety of formats for your particular assignment!
a. Create individual, research specific Pathfinders! (A document listing authoritative sources of information for a specific information need)
b. Teach you the tools to then evaluate sources and check for CREDIBILITY all by yourself!
4. Use the Information:
a. Create research specific graphic organizers for the best note-taking format!
b. Teach the most effective way to read text and select relevant information to support your claim!
5. Create Information:
a. Create research specific essay outlines and help develop a thesis statement!
b. Help you select and produce the most effective product to share your research findings with your audience!
c. Help you accurately CITE sources in your "Works Cited" page!
6. Produce instructional materials that integrate information literacy skills into any curriculum and any assignment!
The Online Writing Lab (OWL) at Purdue University has free writing resources.
Librarians' Internet Index provides access for reliable, trustworthy, librarian-selected websites.
Infoplease.com provides factual information on topics, including current events, pop culture, science, government and history. The content is written and edited by experts, not users.
Google Scholar provides a simple way to broadly search for scholarly literature.
SweetSearch is A Search Engine for Students. It searches only credible Web sites approved by Internet research experts.
Sponsored by Association for Library Service to Children which is a Division of ALA. The site provides useful and educational access to websites for parents and teachers!
Kidsclick provides a searchable directory of websites created for kids by librarians.